Clara had an idea that maybe we could post some of the books that are on our 'To Read' lists so that in case anyone is having a hard time choosing a book for book club or just looking for a good book in general, they will have a great reference list. Maybe we could just post our lists on the blog so they will always be available and easily accessed? Just a thought :). Looking forward to seeing you all again :).
Beautiful Boy would be a great one to discuss. Three Musketeers is a classic and surprisingly entertaining.
ReplyDeleteMy current to read list:(kept in my purse)
ReplyDeleteOutliers (halfway done and enjoying it!)
Middlemarch
Midnight's Children by Salmon Rushdie
Catch 22
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
David Copperfield
Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
Les Miserables
I like Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.
ReplyDeleteI finally have book two in the Flavia de Luce series in my hand: The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag. If you haven't started this series by Alan Bradley, its a fun read. Two of the books I am considering for September book club (I know, a LONG ways away) are The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot, and Juliet, by Anne Fortier. These two books couldn't be any different from one another, but are both great reads. The Imortal Life is pretty shocking, I couldn't put it down. I have currently reread Anne of Green Gables (I was feeling nostalgic for my mission) and that is always fun, and I just borrowed The Secret Garden from Alicia.
ReplyDeleteOH! Another great book and a fairly quick read is Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea! I would also like to compile an archive of what we have already read over the years.
ReplyDeleteEmily, if you want to e-mail that list of what the book club has read in years past, I can find a spot for it on the blog.
ReplyDelete