Hello Ladies,
I just returned home from China on Friday night, and immediately called Emily the next day to figure out a time to see Jane Eyre. In order to keep family distruptions to a minimum, we thought that going Thursday night (May 5) at about 9:30 p.m. might work. That way, we could put our kids to bed and head out.
Fortunately enough, Jordan Commons is now carrying the film, so we won't have to drive too far. So, who's in? I've heard it's really good . . .
Amanda
p.s. - Speaking of film adaptions of classics, I just saw the preview of the Atlas Shrugged, Part 1. Though I've always been fairly skeptical of how one could adequately adapt that book to film, the preview honestly looks awesome! We might need to later do another book club movie night, part deux.
Welcome home Amanda! I might come on Thursday. It all depends on how the birthday prep is going for MJ's party Friday. Also,
ReplyDeleteMarty and KC went to the opening night of Atlas, and Marty gave it 1.5 out of 5 stars...he said it was just BAD. Very low-budget and the acting pretty bad. He also said he felt like the adaptation was not very true to the story. Maybe that could be a dollar flick?...
So grateful you saved me the pain of going through a BAD movie adaption. Sterling and I were just saying this morning that it would probably need to be seen with some filtering anyway considering how gratuitous some of the book is . . . Thanks for the heads up. I really hope you can join us tomorrow. Kamie Brown is joining us, too.
ReplyDeleteHave fun tonight! I'd go with you but I have too much on my plate right now. Next time!
ReplyDelete